Tuesday, July 28, 2009




Hello friends and family,

As I write to you, I prepare to depart from my luxurious family stop in Minneapolis and head out for my final solo leg of the trip. Today is July 27th and I am attending a festival on August the 2nd, so that gives me about 5 nights on the solo road again. I am excited for this time. After the festival I have friend dates, weddings, parent visits, and I just bought my plane ticket back to SF (Aug 27th!), so I will be social social social!

My time in MN was great, i had a sweet beach spot on the lake for tenting, a family to watch movies with, and conversations to remind me of where I am headed. Now I going! I am hoping this will continue to be a positive, self strengthen journey, full of joy, accomplishment and safety, but I also feel like I should just let go of all of that and just see what comes.

So many thoughts, feelings, memories, realizations, come and go all of the time. I have these “insights” of how things can be, are, or are changing, and then I forget them. Sometimes they are able to calm me, help me be present, other times they are powerful, but dissolve after their appearance. But aren’t those the moments of life we find to be the most amazing? I suppose they often come after hard work or suffering. I can’t wait, I can’t force it, though I am grateful for them for sure.

Anyways, I’m off to see what comes, hoping to find my energy, explore myself, and see the UP (upper peninsula of Michigan)

I try to remember, and it’s difficult because it’s not what I want to hear, that often these trips are most powerful in reflection. But as I work on having 2020 foresight (by reflecting on my 2020 hindsight) I am frustrated by ability to be present, but I bet that doesn’t help me get there any faster, ha!

I have been thinking a lot about dreams, reality, and imagination. How we live, how we wanna live, how we can live. How I live, how I wanna live and how I can live. Gratitude, (or my lack there of sometimes), sharing, being special, responsibility, strangers, energy, chemistry, lack of fulfillment, happiness, exploration, and about a million other things. What are you dreaming about?

Pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2354178&id=12301287&l=aadd6d87d2

Videos:

1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNF0v4l0l2c
1: movie from yellow stone of a small steam hole

2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p53bedxm7w
2: a 20 second experience of what it is like to ride in my car

3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTeJ1GotOpQ
3: an accidental video that i have included anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment